Center for Public Purpose
The Center for Public Purpose puts GA's motto, Toward the Building of Character, into action—first by building an inclusive school community in which students can practice authenticity and respect, and second by offering students opportunities to contribute to a more equitable society and peaceful world.
The Center currently offers programs that promote student participation in:
- Community Engagement - Through student-led service, GA girls learn about the needs of our local community, about larger issues facing society, and how they can make a difference.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work - To engage the community in meaningful dialogue around social justice and equity.
- Global Initiatives - Through its Global Scholars program, study abroad opportunities, and expedition courses, Greenwich Academy is dedicated to promoting global awareness among all its students.
The Center also seeks to foster the essential skills for democratic citizenship and leadership through ongoing programs and the annual Institute for Public Purpose. The Center for Public Purpose provides students with the opportunity to:
- Volunteer and intern with political campaigns
- Participate in workshops on media literacy
- Participate in workshops on civil dialogue
- Hear from speakers on topics related to service and leadership, and civic and political engagement