At Greenwich Academy, we define what it means to lead.
THE LEADING THE WAY CAMPAIGN WILL:
Transform GA’s campus to maximize
Invest in people and program to empower our community of leaders and learners.
The new PC building is complete, and the girls are enjoying their new space!
Main campus Lower and Middle School plans were approved by P&Z
The Leading the Way campaign is a visionary investment in the future of GA that will enrich the school life and education of every GA girl, from PC to Group XII. To achieve these goals, we must rely on the generosity of all members of the GA community.
Thank you for leading the way!
For more information, contact Amy O'Reilly Rizzi '91, Director of Advancement
...to enhance the educational experience, modernize spaces, foster community, expand specialized learning opportunities, and integrate the facilities with the natural beauty of the campus where all divisions will benefit.
- New Pre-Connecting building and renovated Ridgeview campus
- New Lower School (last renovated in 1960s) creates easy transitions to outdoor learning; bright open and more flexible/modular learning spaces improve the education of every kind of learner.
- A new, state-of-the-art auditorium and flexible convening space
- New Middle School collaborative learning center, expanded library, and science lab
- More teaching space in the Upper School, including science labs; class sizes stay small, re-locating visual arts frees up classroom space
- New visual arts center will provide expanded studios, digital media and film production space. A new gallery will house exhibits, visiting artists, workshops, and informal gatherings that promote critical inquiry and interdisciplinary education.
- Expanded Engineering and Design Lab to increase opportunities in an area widely recognized as core to GA’s leadership in supporting girls’ introduction to STEM field
- Renovated dining hall designed with multipurpose functionality in mind to better accommodate clubs and other demands for convening space
- New café will provide healthy snacks and serve as a community gathering area.
- Teaching kitchen for health and wellness cooking activities
- Expanded and upgraded community spaces to nurture collaboration and camaraderie
- Transformed pick-up/drop-off areas, especially for Lower and Middle Schools, which will have more formalized drop-off areas and inspired, light-filled entryways
- Reimagined courtyards turn underused areas into destinations. The courtyards between US and MS and between MS and LS will weave our community even more closely together and serve as central hubs for gathering, exploring, learning, and recreation.
- Technological improvements across campus to strengthen infrastructure and campus security
...that are at the core of GA’s world-class education; specific goals include:
Secure and retain the very best FACULTY
- Maintain our leadership position in offering the highest level of compensation and benefits
- Promote faculty expertise by supporting professional development and the pursuit of advanced degrees
- Provide opportunities for mentorship, innovation grants, workshops, partnerships, and collaboration for faculty growth throughout their GA careers
- Increase availability of faculty housing to attract qualified candidates in a competitive market and to enable them to feel invested in the full life of the school by being close to campus
Continue to be a leader in the EDUCATION of young women and girls
- Expand programs and partnership opportunities that prepare GA girls to be leaders in their respective fields and position GA at the center of educational advances for girls (GAINS, robotics, Center for Public Purpose, Career Resource Center, UPenn Partnership)
- Promote creative curricular approaches through innovation grants for teachers
Promote a healthy, inclusive, and diverse student COMMUNITY
- Grow financial aid budget to continue to ensure that a GA education—both inside and outside the classroom—is accessible to intellectually curious and engaged girls, inclusive of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
- Continue to focus on supporting the health and well-being of all GA girls
- Continue to foster values of courage, resilience, inclusion, and character among all students