The Independent School Teaching Residency Program at Penn
Fellows who pursue the Penn ISTR Program complete their two-year teaching residency at Greenwich Academy while working toward an M.S.Ed. from Penn’s Graduate School of Education. This program is designed to attract and train some of the most promising new and aspiring teachers by pairing an outstanding independent school experience with a collaborative academic program that values both practical experience and pedagogy.
Penn Fellows can expect to:
- Enjoy the comprehensive professional and community experience of other Greenwich Academy Fellows, such as campus housing, benefits, and modified teaching schedule.
- Support our co-curricular initiatives by mentoring a campus program, club, publication, or coaching a sports team.
- Conduct graduate work through online work with their cohort in addition to several multi-day sessions during the school year and summer at either Penn or one of the host schools.
- Experience an innovative curriculum that emphasizes both practical experience and pedagogy, taught by a combination of graduate professors from Penn and senior administrators from schools in the consortium.
- Have most of their graduate school tuition covered by Greenwich Academy.
For more information about the graduate education component of this program, click here.