Every student has a story. You bring her story to life.
The Annual Fund supports GA’s initiatives
across the divisions and beyond:
LOWER SCHOOL PC-Group IV
Your gift to the Greenwich Academy Annual Fund empowers each Greenwich Academy student to discover her personal narrative.
With an expansive imagination, our eager Lower School student is ready to learn and discover. Her GA story begins full of creativity and new friends, inspired by active hands-on learning and outdoor exploration. The nurturing faculty help her discover her love of learning and she seizes each new opportunity with growing confidence. She is captivated by her GA big sister who serves as a role model and offers a glimpse into her own future.
MIDDLE SCHOOL Group V-Group VIII
Evolving as a critical thinker and problem solver, our GA Middle School student is well-prepared to build on her academics, and grow in the arts and athletics. She views herself as a change agent, understanding her place in the world and considering how she can make an impact. Our Middle School girl continues to find her powerful voice, growing into a persuasive communicator, and assumes new leadership roles.
UPPER SCHOOL Group IX-XII
In these culminating chapters, our GA student continues to project the best version of herself: intelligent, resilient, compassionate, and gritty, with a keen desire to be a lifelong learner. Beloved school traditions reinforce the strong sense of community on campus for this young Academy woman, creating special bonds with faculty and fellow classmates. Come commencement, she is eager for new challenges and ready to fashion her future, confident in her own ability and ambition, yet supported by an enduring community.
The story continues, as our graduate is welcomed into the Alumnae Association, which is 3,000 members strong. GA relationships last a lifetime and as a member of the Greenwich Academy Alumnae Association, our alumna is part of a sisterhood that continues professionally and socially, at school events and online, and with endless possibilities to volunteer and serve as a mentor to future Academy generations.
Comprehensive and critical, the Annual Fund interlaces throughout the Academy and is an important thread in every programmatic offering. Greenwich Academy is very fortunate to have a dedicated community of parents, alumnae, parents of alumnae, grandparents and friends, who together help meet our goal each year. In 2016-2017 the Annual Fund surpassed our goal of $3.3 million, with exceptional participation.
Tuition alone only covers 75 percent of the actual cost of a GA education; the remaining 25 percent is made up of endowment allocations, income from other revenue, and the Annual Fund.
Each year, the Annual Fund contributes approximately 9 percent of the operating budget or $4,100 per student, completing the GA experience for all Academy girls.
Essential support from our parents ensures Greenwich Academy’s commitment to educating young women while encouraging their development into thoughtful citizens and future leaders.
Familiarize yourself with the importance of parent volunteers and parent giving at GA: Gifts that Give Back.
With the leadership of parent volunteers, Academy parents pride themselves on achieving 99 percent participation every year and giving a total of $2.9 million, a true testament of our parents’ appreciation for the Academy and the school’s fulfilling educational experience for every GA girl.
Greenwich Academy is grateful for the parent – school partnership and greatly appreciates your generous participation in the Annual Fund.
GA alumnae of all ages support the school for many reasons, but most commonly because of their abiding loyalty, sense of tradition and knowing that giving back is giving forward. Just as our alumnae’s Academy experience was built upon the generosity of those before them, today’s alumnae support GA girls to ensure they too have the most advanced educational experience.
With an energetic corps of volunteers, Academy alumnae reach record levels of participation each year. In 2016-2017, 37 percent of Greenwich Academy alumnae supported the Annual Fund (45 percent higher than the national average for independent schools).
Our Alumnae are valued for their GA pride and enduring energetic commitment to the future of Academy girls.
Parents of alumnae, grandparents, faculty and staff, and friends
Academy friends participate for numerous reasons, but primarily because of their steadfast belief in GA’s mission and character-building education. Parents of alumnae understand GA’s significant role in their daughter’s academic, personal, and professional development. Grandparents appreciate the role the Academy plays in their granddaughter’s education, as well as, the constructive influence it has on the whole family. Our own faculty and staff are committed to and firmly believe in the all-encompassing education and give to support the community and their colleagues.