• $3,134,093 
  • $3,625,000

 

 

 

Your support of the 2023-2024 Annual Fund shows your gratitude for the immersive education our students experience every day. From the big meaningful moments on the field, on the stage, in the lab, or in the studio to the smaller everyday pleasures that occur in homeroom, passing to class, during lunch, while reading in the library, or on the playground--however big or small--these moments are formative in the creation of every GA student’s character. 

OUR STUDENTS, ALUMNAE, PARENTS, FRIENDS, AND FACULTY & STAFF SUPPORT EACH OTHER IN SUCH VALUABLE WAYS, AND WE ARE SO GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR BEING AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE GREENWICH ACADEMY COMMUNITY. 

Your gift goes to the heart of our school and supports today's initiatives for: 

 

Annual Fund by the Numbers

Comprehensive and critical, the Annual Fund interlaces throughout GA and is an important thread in every programmatic offering. Greenwich Academy is very fortunate to have a dedicated community of parents, alumnae, parents of alumnae, grandparents, and friends, who together help meet our goal each year. In 2022-2023 the Annual Fund surpassed its goal and achieved over $3.5 million, with 98% parent and 34% alumnae participation.

Tuition alone covers only 76% of the actual cost of a GA education; the remaining 24% is made up of endowment allocations, income from other revenue, and the Annual Fund. Each year, the Annual Fund contributes approximately 7% of the operating budget, or $4,410 per student, completing the GA experience for all our girls.

Giving Levels

Darius Mead Circle
$75,000 plus

Elizabeth Milbank Anderson Society
$50,000 to $74,999

Academy Benefactor
$25,000 to $49,999

Head of School Society
$15,000 to $24,999

Oak Tree Guild
$10,000 to $14,999

Charter Circle
$6,000 to $9,999

1827 Founder's Council
$3,000 to $5,999

Parent Giving

Essential support from our parents ensures GA’s commitment to educating young women while encouraging their development into thoughtful citizens and future leaders.

Familiarize yourself with the importance of parent volunteers and parent giving at GA Parent Partnership.

With the leadership of parent volunteers, GA parents pride themselves each year in striving for over 99% participation and giving a total of $2.5 million, a true testament of our parents’ appreciation for GA and the school’s fulfilling educational experience for every GA girl.

Greenwich Academy is grateful for the parent-school partnership and greatly appreciates your generous participation in the Annual Fund.

Alumnae Giving

GA alumnae of all ages support the school for many reasons, but most commonly because of their abiding loyalty, sense of tradition, and appreciation of the fact that giving back is giving forward. Just as our alumnae’s GA experience was built upon the generosity of those before them, today’s alumnae support current students to ensure that they too have the most advanced educational experience.

With an energetic corps of volunteers, GA alumnae reach high levels of participation each year. In 2022-2023, 34% of  alumnae supported the Annual Fund (well above  the national average for independent schools) making up 10% of the total Annual Fund.

Our alumnae are valued for their GA pride and enduring energetic commitment to the future of GA girls.

Friends Giving

Friends include: parents of alumnae, grandparents, faculty and staff, and others.

GA friends participate for numerous reasons, but primarily because of their steadfast belief in GA’s mission and character-building education. Parents of alumnae understand GA’s significant role in their daughter’s academic, personal, and professional development. Grandparents appreciate the role GA plays in their granddaughter’s education, as well as the constructive influence it has on the whole family. Our own faculty and staff are committed to and firmly believe in the all-encompassing education and give to support the community and their colleagues.

EXPLORE MORE