GA Parents Association
The Greenwich Academy Parents Association—known as GAPA—is an organization of parent volunteers dedicated to helping the administration, faculty, and students in promoting the purposes of Greenwich Academy and enhancing school activities and facilities through service and fundraising. All GA parents and guardians are members of GAPA.
The GAPA Board, along with committee volunteers, supports the GA community through a variety of services, programs, and events, including:
- Annual Dinner, Holiday Boutique, Spring Benefit, and “Books in Bloom” Book Fair
- Volunteer staffing for the School Store, libraries, and Engineering & Design Lab
- Clothing Nook, which offers gently-used uniforms and school spiritwear
- Friday Afters, which provides after-school enrichment for lower school students
- Information Technology, which manages class email accounts and volunteer sign-ups
- GA Cares, which offers assistance to families in need
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation program
- Parent Programs and Student Assemblies
- Also, in coordination with the Admission Office, GAPA oversees the Host Family Program, which matches incoming families with current families, who offer support and guidance during the school year.
Finally, GAPA includes class representatives, who serve as liaisons between faculty and parents in each division. Our “class reps” play an integral role in coordinating classroom activities and social events for both students and parents.
Are you a current parent?
Congratulation—you’re in GAPA! Please go to the GAPA portal and meet the leadership, learn about GAPA’s mission, and find out how to get involved.