Working at GA
Welcome, and thank you for considering a career at Greenwich Academy.
At GA, we are dedicated to helping all of our students develop the habits of mind that will empower them to live lives of purpose. Our motto, Toward the Building of Character, inspires everything we do—whether it is in our classrooms or art studios, on the playing fields or stage, or in our local or global community. Our shared goal is to help our students prepare for lives that will make the world a better place.
GA Faculty & Staff Are:
- Devoted to children
- Passionate about education
- Innovative in the classroom
- Dedicated to our school’s mission
- Expert in our fields
- Always learning
- Committed to working together
- Scholars, writers, artists, athletes, researchers, leaders, and visionaries
In keeping with the school’s motto, Toward the Building of Character, Greenwich Academy affirms and respects the individuality of all members of the community. The school’s ultimate goal is for students to develop the confidence and compassion to interact freely and authentically with people who represent a rich variety of backgrounds and beliefs in terms of race, ethnicity, culture, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and family composition. All members of the Greenwich Academy community—students and alumnae, faculty and staff, parents and trustees—are expected to honor and value the school’s diversity mission.
About Greenwich Academy
Greenwich Academy is an independent college-preparatory day school for girls and young women that seeks to foster excellence. Its mission is to provide a challenging, comprehensive educational experience grounded in a rigorous liberal arts curriculum within an inclusive, diverse community. The school’s objective is to develop girls and young women of exceptional character and achievement who demonstrate independence, resilience, courage, integrity, and compassion. As a community, we strive above all to honor our motto, Toward the Building of Character.
- Salaries at or near the top in our region
- Full tuition remission for up to two qualifying children of all full-time employees at GA or Brunswick School
- World-class, on-site day care and preschool for faculty and staff children
- Subsidized housing for 30% of the faculty
- Mortgage assistance plan for qualifying employees
- Competitive health, dental, and retirement plans
Greenwich Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, family composition, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational programs, admission policies, financial aid guidelines, and employment practices or other school-administered programs.