|Greenwich Academy is an independent college-preparatory day school for girls and young women that seeks to foster excellence. Its mission is to provide a challenging, comprehensive educational experience grounded in a rigorous liberal arts curriculum within an inclusive, diverse community. The school’s objective is to develop girls and young women of exceptional character and achievement who demonstrate independence, resilience, courage, integrity and compassion. We strive, above all, to honor our motto, “Toward the Building of Character.”|
Our Guiding Principles
Greenwich Academy’s students, faculty, staff, parents and alumnae form a community with a shared commitment to:
Accreditations and Memberships
- Encourage all students to achieve excellence in their academic and personal pursuits.
- Promote the highest ethical and moral values.
- Provide an environment that celebrates the joy of discovery in academics, the arts, athletics and community service within the context of a rigorous liberal arts curriculum.
- Sustain a richly diverse community in which every individual is respected and affirmed.
- Recognize the profound benefits of single-sex education in the elementary and middle school years, and support coordination with Brunswick School as integral and enriching to the Upper School experience.
- Develop self-confidence and exceptional character in girls and young women as a foundation for decision-making that is healthy, balanced and respectful.
- Encourage intelligent, responsible citizenship and leadership through meaningful service to the life of the school and the broader community.
- Attract and retain outstanding teachers who inspire a passion for learning, demonstrate excellence and serve as exemplary role models.
- Honor the Academy’s history and traditions in order to create a lifelong connection to the school community.
Greenwich Academy is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Connecticut Board of Education. The Academy is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Cum Laude Society, the National Coalition of Girls’ Schools, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, the College Board and the National and New England Associations for College Admission Counseling (NACAC, NEACAC).
Ad ingenium faciendum: “Toward the Building of Character”