Welcome to GAPA
The Greenwich Academy Parents Association (GAPA) is an organization of parent volunteers dedicated to helping “the administration, faculty, and students in promoting the purposes of the Greenwich Academy, Inc., and to enhance school activities and facilities through service and fundraising.” All Greenwich Academy (GA) parents and guardians are members of GAPA.
This year, the GAPA Board is comprised of 39 parents who, along with their committee volunteers, support the GA community through a variety of services, programs, and events, including:
- The Annual Dinner, the Holiday Boutique, the Spring Benefit, and the “Books in Bloom” Book Fair
- “Friday Afters” enrichment programs for Lower School students
- The Clothing Nook, which provides gently-used uniforms and other GA-themed clothing items
- The Faculty and Staff Appreciation program
- Parent Programs and Student Assemblies
- Volunteer staffing for the school store, libraries, and STEAM Lab
- The GA Cares program, which offers assistance to families in need
GAPA also includes 56 class representatives, who serve as liaisons for faculty and parents in each division. Our class reps play an integral role in coordinating classroom activities and social events for students and parents alike.
Finally, GAPA, in coordination with the Admission Office, helps to manage the Host Family program, which matches incoming families with host families who are able to offer support, friendship, and guidance.
Please feel free to contact me, or any of our GAPA Board members, if you would like to be involved with our volunteer efforts. We offer roles both large and small, many with flexible schedules. I speak from personal experience when I say that assisting with GAPA programs and events is a rewarding way to support our students, make lasting friendships, and feel even more a part of our fantastic GA community.
GAPA President 2017-2018