Our academic program challenges the girls to be critical thinkers and problem solvers. Emphasis is placed on building effective communication skills through our writing and public speaking curricula.
Highlights of our program include:
- Rich language offerings of Spanish, French and Mandarin, as well as a required Latin course
- A computer programming and digital citizenship curricula, as well as a 1-to-1 laptop program
- A current events course for Group VII and VIII students
- An athletics program that prepares the girls to compete as part of GA’s 16 powerhouse Upper School varsity teams
- An outstanding visual and performing arts program geared toward singers, dancers, musicians, painters, designers, and actors
- Extracurricular activities to meet the needs of every child including orchestra, robotics, chess, environmental stewardship, writing, and community service
Our advisory curriculum, which matches faculty members with groups of girls, is designed to address each girls’ ever-evolving social, emotional and developmental needs. Advisory offers a space for girls to find their voice, form their identity, and build deeper relationships with their peers and advisor. Our advisory program, coupled with our weekly all-Middle School meetings and assemblies, contribute to our nurturing and close-knit Middle School community.
Head of Middle School